In this article, we will talk about how to query the Filecoin blockchain using our blockchain GraphQL APIs. So let’s start.
Table of Contents
In Filecoin, a message is the unit of communication between two actors, thus the primitive cause of state changes. A message combines:
- a token amount to be transferred from the sender to the receiver, and
- a method with parameters to be invoked on the receiver (optional/where applicable).
Using the following query, you can get all message counts by name, method, and code.
The number of messages is also steadily growing on Filecoin; For example, from the last four months, we saw the Filecoin blockchain had processed more than 30 million messages per month.
As you can see in the following image, the Filecoin network saw a 2X month-on-month growth on unique callers.
You can get unique callers using the GraphQL API below.
As mentioned above, Messages can also carry FIL with them; we call these messages transfers. You can check the latest Filecoin transfers on our Filecoin explorer.
Filecoin is a data marketplace, and the blockchain is the exchange. Miners on the Filecoin network provide data storage. As you can see in the following image, new miners join the Filecoin network, and miners’ growth is around 20%.
After that, the miner’s reward is also increasing, over time. In February 2021, Filecoin miners collected 83 million Fil in mining reward and 3,340 in mining tips.
We also added Coinpath APIs support to trace money on the Filecoin network. Here is the example where you can see the money flow of the f0101637 address.
You might also interested in:
- Querying Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- ETH2 API — How to get Ethereum Beacon chain data?
- Querying Conflux blockchain using GraphQL APIs
- Create your first Blockchain GraphQL query
- Uniswap APIs: Get Pools Data, Tokens and Create Charts
- PancakeSwap – Querying DEXs on Binance Smart Chain using GraphQL APIs
Bitquery is a set of software tools that parse, index, access, search, and use information across blockchain networks in a unified way. Our products are:
- Coinpath® APIs provide blockchain money flow analysis for more than 24 blockchains. With Coinpath’s APIs, you can monitor blockchain transactions, investigate crypto crimes such as bitcoin money laundering, and create crypto forensics tools. Read this to get started with Coinpath®.
- Digital Assets API provides index information related to all major cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens.
- DEX API provides real-time deposits and transactions, trades, and other related data on different DEX protocols like Uniswap, Kyber Network, Airswap, Matching Network, etc.
If you have any questions about our products, ask them on our Telegram channel or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, subscribe to our newsletter below, we will keep you updated with the latest in the cryptocurrency world.