Blockchains don’t have any outside data. It means blockchains don’t know the fiat price of any asset or token. However, fiat data makes blockchain analytics more meaningful.
For example, it is easier to understand that today’s average bitcoin fee was $1.5 rather than it was 0.00003323 BTC.
Our motto at Bitquery is “Adding meaning to Blockchain data.” Therefore providing market data with our Onchain APIs was on our road map for a long time.
Today I am happy to tell you that we have added market data to our Ethereum dataset. Therefore now you can get fiat valued in our APIs when you query Ethereum data.
Market data will be helpful for many use cases, such as USD-based DEX or token analysis.
Table of Contents
How to get blockchain values in Fiat?
Let’s also understand how you can get USD based data using our APIs.
You need to add
(in: USD) against any value for which you want a USD amount. For example, in the following query, we are adding
(in: USD) against the
In addition, you can also get these values in USDT and ETH. For example:
tradeAmount(in: USDT) or
Here are a few more query examples with USD data.
Note: Checkout our GraphQL playground, we are making some improvements to make it easy to work with Blockchain data APIs. Another important thing to remember is that, you can use GraphQL queries as API.
Top DEX trades in USD
The following query gives you the top DEX trades based on USD value.
Top DEX trades by Gas value in USD
The query below gives you trades with the highest Gas spent.
USD based metrics on Biquery explorer
We also added some USD based metrics on explorer to show how market data enriches the blockchain data.
DEX market share
The following widget shows to DEX market share based on trade volume.
Ethereum miners reward in USD
The widget below shows the Ethereum miner rewards in USD.
DEX traded currencies
The following widget shows the top DEX currencies based on trading volume.
We believe mixing market data with blockchain data will help many analysts looking to build custom blockchain analytics. If you have any questions please, join our Telegram group and let us know.
You might also be interested in:
- Ethereum DEX GraphQL APIs with Examples
- How to get newly created Ethereum Tokens?
- How to investigate an Ethereum address?
- API to get Ethereum Smart Contract Events
- Simple APIs to get Latest Uniswap Pair Listing
- ETH2.0 Analytical Explorer, Widgets, and GraphQL APIs
- The Graph vs Bitquery – Solving Blockchain Data Problems
- Analyzing Decentralized Exchange using Bitquery Blockchain Explorer
Bitquery is a set of software tools that parse, index, access, search, and use information across blockchain networks in a unified way. Our products are:
- Coinpath® APIs provide blockchain money flow analysis for more than 24 blockchains. With Coinpath’s APIs, you can monitor blockchain transactions, investigate crypto crimes such as bitcoin money laundering, and create crypto forensics tools. Read this to get started with Coinpath®.
- Digital Assets API provides index information related to all major cryptocurrencies, coins, and tokens.
- DEX API provides real-time deposits and transactions, trades, and other related data on different DEX protocols like Uniswap, Kyber Network, Airswap, Matching Network, etc.
If you have any questions about our products, ask them on our Telegram channel or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, subscribe to our newsletter below, we will keep you updated with the latest in the cryptocurrency world.